Top Beauty Industry Trends for 2018
If you’re thinking about starting a beauty brand, but worried that the market is oversaturated, think again.
market alone was worth £9.7 billion in Dec 2017! The key is to spot those gaps
in the market so here are some key trends that you need to know about…
- Vegan beauty - currently growing way ahead of
any other beauty category.
- Natural body-care - our faces are such a small
percentage of our overall skin so it’s logical that people will start to invest
in natural but clever products for their body.
- CBD derived from Cannabis, has huge potential
as a beauty ingredient.
- Go green with bio-degradable packaging – it goes
without saying that this is hugely important with the focus on reducing plastic
waste across the globe.
- Affordability and transparency – nobody can
ignore the impact The Ordinary has on the industry. The prices mean it’s a
no-brainer when deciding whether to give it a try.
- Beauty supplements – the ‘beauty from within’
market is continuing to grow with the addition of drinks that can benefit your
- Minimal or single ingredient skincare – less is
certainly more when it comes to clean beauty.·Skin microbiome -
- Genderless brands – we all need to look after
our skin regardless of gender and there is huge potential to appeal to a
generation to whom gender stereotyping is not cool.
- Pro-age rather than anti-aging – women are
turning away from the phrase anti-aging as it’s just so negative and
unrealistic. They want to buy into brands that celebrate their age and look
after their skin whatever stage of life it is at.
- Finally, colour is key when it comes to
branding and Yellow is the new Millennial Pink!